19 July 2007

To Zion...

I have 2 more weeks left in D.C. and I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. On one hand I miss Oklahoma like nobody's business. on the other hand, I wish I could take all the people I've come to know and stick them in the heartland. I'm going to miss my dept. but I feel the South Oval and the Union calling me and all the foolishness those locations entail. :)
I feel like I've learned and grown so much over the summer. It's odd to see the courses that life takes without really asking one's permission. There are some people I thought would be in my life for sometime and others I thought I were done,but life has a funny way of flippin' the script...
I have never missed Israel more than this week, with the exception of when we first got back.
A few hours ago I was at the Israeli Embassy listening to his excellency Mr. Ambassador to the US from Israel. I had heard him earlier that week on Tuesday,but had never been to the embassy so I went.
It's a good thing I did!
I saw my friend Gabe who is a mess and a half. He is kind of ornery and randy at times and tonight he was such a character.
I had the BEST hummus and falafel I've had since Israel and I almost cried. The food reminded me of so many beautiful experiences in Israel. It's interesting how closely the olfactory nerves are related to memory in the mind. I could eat falafel, pita and hummus for the rest of my life and not even care. Literally.
Secondly, I met this beautiful individual who was working at the embassy as a security guard. Granted, maybe I shouldn't have been talking to him,but we had a lovely conversation that we'll hopefully be able to continue soon:)
There's just something about Israelis. I'm just going to put it out there.

No comments: