27 June 2007

I feel like slappin' somebody today,slap,slap...

So, this has not been a stellar past couple of days. I don't know what it is,but something just went wrong in my cosmos. People are trifling,unthoughtful, or ignorant and it's frustrating. Days like this make me not believe in karma,because I like to believe I'm a decent individual.
I don't want to complain about all the things that have happened to make my days merdetacular (merde is the French word for s***)So instead I'm going to focus on the things that I have to be thankful for:
*I have the best guy friend in all of the States, Luke. He is the perfect balance of crunk and compassion to keep me sane. When I call or text to complain he can usually gauge if I need to stop whining or whether I need to be listened to.
*It's almost Friday. Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow.
*I had the blessing of meeting Sen. Lieberman,a man I greatly admire and respect,yesterday.
*I got to lunch with a friend from school,Barron, today.
*I went exercising and as a result feel less fat and more energized of reaching my goal of losing 5-10 in the next 5 weeks...I ran almost to Arlington,VA
*Most of the people I work with are awesome. Especially in the greatest department in the building,if not the world.

To some people those might not seem like much,and perhaps there are more important things I'm forgetting,but when your day is merdetacular(I'm going to start using that regularly) you have to try even harder to look at how you've been blessed.
That being said, I need things to start looking up rather quickly because I don't like being sad.

No comments: