11 June 2007

My Declaration of Independence

"When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation..."
I'm joking,but I need to vent a wee bit.

I don't know how to communicate this effectively but ...
I AM SINGLE!
like a single sheet of paper or a single dollar bill, as in "Dude did you hear so and so's new single?",like the opposite of booed up, in a relationship or whatever, I am single as the dickens, single as the day is long. This means that I am not obliged to anyone in any way. Relationships shouldn't be obligations. Friendships shouldn't be obligations. I am a free agent for now and loving it. I'm not signing with any teams, or in negotiations. I'm free-lancing with no intention of finding a publisher. I'm...out of metaphors,
I don't have to make a decision or deal with drama because I am SINGLE and dah dah dah dah dah -I'm loving it.
I am just trying to live a stress-free,drama-free summer.

No comments: