09 June 2007

Past Couple O' Days...

So Wednesday night, I went to see Pirates 3 with my Starbucks buddy. I was intending to just stay in and like get my life right but then we decided to go see a movie. So we walk to Georgetown and saw it. Pirates was pretty good , I mean in parts of the movie I was just like "WTF Mate!?" You're really going to make out in the midst of the battle? Well no.
But my victory was persuading Casey to stay until after the credits and we got to see the end part of the movie. The day was mine!
Thursday I was pretty exhausted from watching Pirates 3 and was mildly out of it,but it was still a good day. I was lame on Thursday and went to bed at a decent hour so that my Friday started off spectacular. This morning started off kind of nice, my director sent the office a column I wrote and people seemed to like it,that made me feel good.
I got off early today for Shabbos and that made me happy. I kind of wish I would observe it. It's such a beautiful concept-God-ordained rest. I might integrate that into my life...
Anyway I got a call from Jay to go sight-seeing and that was nice. We saw some of the monuments and I got to talk to this guy I always saw at school and admired,but never got to know.
Then I went to Starbucks to meet a friend ,happened into a massive,beautiful, blessed Barnes& Noble and felt so happy. I felt like I was making pilgrimage. :)
So I go to the right Starbucks ,but before then I go to Urban Outfitters and browse. I step out side and a torrential downpour of cold bullets starts assaulting me. I'm in a tank top and cotton skirt and am pretty close to miserable and soaking. I call my friend Brandon to relay the slightly comical experience and felt a little better,but still cold.
I basically spent the evening reading and being a neat little nerd partly because my friend is studying for a massive test...
I figure I have 7 more weeks to get to know the city and people and such, so a few low-key nights won't kill me...
Hopefully this weekend will be fun...sorry this was boring leaning towards lame.

No comments: